Saturday, December 23, 2006

Baby Renna is born!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Little Renna was born on Friday, December 22nd at 6:26 PM. She weighed in at 5 pounds even and measures 18.25 inches

Many more details to follow, but I want to post these two pictures as soon as possible. (I can't believe how much there is to do and how long it takes in just the 1st day. I am learning that having a baby means getting very good at doing things with one hand!).

We are all doing fine. Katie has done an AMAZING job as a mom already. Renna is very relaxed and cuddly. Katie had a c-section and has already stood up and been moved on to regular food. Good progress. I keep telling her that she has a high pain threshold, but she says it is the Percoset! Strong and modest.

OK, more later. I want to get the pics out before we get occupied again.
Ok, wait I have a bit more time to write. Katie says "Tell them she was borm at 34 weeks, 5 days and she's 'a champ.'" OK. Renna is breathing well. Her lungs are great. She has been in the room with us the whole time. No need (thankfully) for the NICU. We are working on her feeding. Babies this little are very, very sleepy. But, she is getting there.
We hope to be home on Monday.
Everyone here at the hospital has been really great.
We appreciate everyone's thoughts and good wishes.
Katie, Scott, and Renna

2 comments:

Jennifer Ravin Fretzin said...

Congrats & Mazel TOV! Everyone looks great and we couldn't be happier for you. Just in time to be a nice little deduction for 2006! Love, Niff Michael & Sydney

Stephanie D'Amico said...

Congratulations on your new addition! She is just beautiful! You guys take care (and try to get some rest!) Can't wait to see more pictures! - Stephanie D'Amico (Ghioto)